ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts submitted via this website. Submission by fax, post or email will not be considered. Please use Google Chrome browser on PC or Macintosh.
- All abstract must be written in English.
- It is author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by author.
- Abstracts must be original and will not be considered for presentation if they have been published as an article or have been accepted for publication (including manuscripts) in printed or electronic formats upon the 5 Cctober 2018 (submission deadline).
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent to corresponding authors by 9 October 2018.
- Abstracts will be inserted in the Abstract Book only if the Submitter/Presenter had already completed the registration payment by 17 September2018. Otherwise, the abstract will not be inserted in the Abstract Book and your presentation schedule will be replaced by other participant.
7th ANCCA Meeting & 11th APOCP Regional Conference 2018 provides the following topics to be chosen for those who will submit the abstracts either for Oral presentation or Poster Presentation:
- Cancer Registry
- Screening and Early Detection
- Quality of Life and Survival
- Palliative Care
- The submitting author must be the presenting author.
- The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- The presenting author is expected to attend the Conference and present their abstract. Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication
- All submitted abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
- Preparation of abstract requirements:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime phone number
- Presentation type (please choose from one of the following):
- Oral presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Author and co-authors' details (maximum of 20 authors):
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title: Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text: Limited to 300 words (note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
- Abstract topic: Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
Submitted abstract should be formed in these following streams:
- Clinical audit, prospective survey or retrospective study, clinical trial, meta- analysis. The abstract should clearly state :
- Background: indicate the purpose and objective of the research, the hypothesis that was tested or a description of the problem being analyzed or evaluated.
- Methods: describe the study period / setting / location, study design, study population, data collection and methods of analysis used.
- Results: present as clearly and as much in detail as possible the findings / outcome of the study, Please summarize any specific results.
- Conclusions: explain the significance of your findings / outcomes of the study for prevention, treatment, care and/or support, and future implications of the results.
- Case Report or Case Series. The abstract should clearly state :
- Background: summarize the case in a sentence, briefly describe the importance and novelty of your case
- Case Presentation Summary: narrate your case in systematic way, include relevant positive and negative findings from history-examination-investigation, any interventions and outcome, and can include clinical photographs.
- Learning Points/Discussion: summarize the clinical impact or potential implications of the case report
- Prior to abstract submission, applicant needs to create an account and complete the registration process. After which an account will be issued with username/ID and password that will be sent to applicant’s email address to enable him/her to login to the website and submit the abstract accordingly or edit the information in necessary.
- After you submit your abstract, you can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline date. Submitted abstracts cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline. There is no option to save the abstract as draft and to submit it at a later stage. If you do not submit your abstract, the information will be deleted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- For applicants whose abstracts are rejected and decide to withdraw from attending the congress, please write an e-mail to the Secretariat of ANCCA 2018 (email@example.com). The submission of an abstract implies your consent to publish it in the Abstract Book.